Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Playing Farmer


Well this past year I was able to acquire a horse. This has been some source of fun for me especially thinking that next year's hunting will have the mountain goat perspective removed from the equation. So, this new acquisition left me with some needs, namely, some hay for keeping Dave (yes, that is his name) fed this winter. Since Dad seemed to have a surplus of hay on the property I naturally saw two fold opportunity. First, I was going to have to cut the hay anyway for fire control, but at least if I planned on cutting and bailing it I had food for Dave and maybe could turn some profit. After much sweat, welding and fixing of equipment, the hay has been cut bailed and sold, so the summer farming adventure was a success! This last Saturday I had the kids with me riding around the property and driving with me on the tractor. It was fun, so much fun that I missed getting some pictures for all to enjoy-maybe next time. So for the time being you will have to just see these pictures of the first cutting.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

In response to the title of your blog and who should service said blog. I would vote for Mindie. She is less likely to offend or ruffle feathers. We still love you Jeremy! Both of you posting might balance out everything out so I would like that option too.

Jared says - p.s., if you aren't doing anything this Saturday, bring your gloves and help him move.